The Stormwater Department can answer questions about flood insurance and financial assistance programs or provide contacts to find out more. Call the the hotline number (775) 887-2305, for further information.
Below are a selection of potential sources of financial assistance for property protection.
- Projects fully funded by a local agency;
- FEMA mitigation grants;
- State or local programs such as grants, loans, and rebates;
- Housing improvement assistance programs;
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s rural development grants and loans for mitigation;
- The potential to reduce flood insurance premiums for certain mitigation projects.
- Flood insurance;
- Flood insurance’s Increased Cost of Compliance benefit for substantially damaged structures;
- FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Grant Program;
- The U.S. Small Business Administration’s post-flood mitigation loans.